I was discussing a couple of things (mostly problematic articles) with my friend, and his response to all of it, was "...why do people take things too seriously". I thought that his response was very ignorant because I do not think that the problem with a things is people not being able to take a joke, its that people are quick to accept every mean-spirited post and comment as "a joke".
I know that a lot of my friends do not like having "serious" conversations with me, because I love analyzing everything and I refuse to let any of my friends get away with ignorance, I just cannot do it. I am a very critical person and it just hard for me to take things at face value; saying this, I understand that we do not live in a perfect society with perfect people and many people really do not 'know'. I also think that it is our duty to be willing to step out of our comfort zones every once in a while and educate ourselves, it is very important, we will always be responsible for our sayings and actions. I also do not and will not associate myself with willing and intentional ignorance.
... this was mainly a vent-ish post, and to educate myself I have decided to make a fall reading list for myself. I will be sharing it in my next post with a few information about the authors and the books. :-) I am excited about that.
Go out and read something meaningful...
No comments:
Post a Comment