Tuesday, September 10, 2013

...Coming out!!!!

I have decided that is finally time for me to officially come out somewhere as an ATHEIST!!! Yes I am African, (Nigerian) and atheist. My journey to self realization...

Many people know Africans as very religious people, always going to church, always so willing to endure oppression, always beating our children, disowning our children so readily, hating our neighbors, etc. because god said so. I have always questioned religion in my mind but never had anyone to speak to about these feelings, and I also feared that if I ever voiced my anti-theism thoughts, I may even get shot. lol I kid, that will not happen, Nigerians are not very quick to kill, because well you know why. Not implying that they cannot control their feelings and bodies, but I am pretty sure many of them do not even know that they can.

.... I am a believer in the SELF, the MIND and what those two can do together. I work hard and I give myself and all those who were physically there to help, the praise, because without my willingness and their belief in me, I would not have gotten to where I am today; not some weird White guy up in the sky somewhere.

I would like for this blog to serve as an expressive space for all people of color, who are having doubts about religion, as I once did, esp. Africans. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME. THIS IS A JUDGE FREE ZONE!!!

This is my first post, I would discuss all types of issues, from Nigerian politics, to traditions, tribes, (I am Igbo) and many other issues that take place in the country and continent. I will also discuss, sometimes, businesses, etc. I am open to suggestions...

Thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment