Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall reading list, from ME!!!

Before I go on, I would like to say that I have been having a very shitty year, and some days are worse than others, yesterday I was having an exceptionally shitty one, after talking to my friend Arnold, I was feeling a little better, before I go on, I would like to say that I am very grateful to have friends like Arnold in my life, because I can always count on feeling much better when I am around him, he is such a good person and I never have a hard time being my true self around him. I will always complain and have something lengthy to talk about, and he is always willing to listen. I am very grateful for that, because I know that not many people can find a friendship like that, esp in the opposite sex. After talking to him, I decided to head out and see the new movie; Insidious 2, and I loved every bit of it.


...and I did not regret it. For the duration of the movie, I was in a very happy place; one of the best horror movies I have seen in a long long long long time. I fell in love with the movie, after seeing the first one on Netflix, and I watched it like five times, that is how good it is. If you have not seen the first one, I will say you should, though you would not be totally confused if you just see the second one, because they cited the first one a lot. It was very thought-out, the second answers all the questions that the first part had viewers like me asking. If you get a lot of thrills from horror movies like I do, go and see it, now or later, just see it.


On to my fall reading list, I have not read any of these books, and I am challenging myself to read all of them before the end of the year, or atleast 5, lol. I will write a book review on everyone I finish. Here we go;


  • The Bluest Eye
  • Sula
  • Songs of Solomon, and 
  • Beloved
By Toni Morrison

  • Half of a yellow sun, by Chimanda Adichie

I will start from there, get into a couple of Bell Hooks', and James Baldwin's essays and novels. This should be fun and very enlightening.

Anyone is welcomed to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment